Arrogant Frog – Ribet Rouge Rural Organic
- Colour:Deep purple garnet red with ruby and garnet red tints
- Nose: Blueberry flavours, red pepper and spicy flavours
- Palate: Well-balanced and rich with smooth tannins. Long finish on plum notes.
- Food pairing: Best served at 17 ° C with pastas, barbecues, poultry, game, terrines and medium to strong cheeses; this wine will go very well with chocolate desserts too.
- Appellation : IGP Pays d’Oc
- Grape Variety : 55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 45% Merlot
Soil type: Clay and limestone with gravel.
Age of the vines : 12 to 25 years
Pruning: Double Guyot plantation density: 4600 vines/ha.
Harvest : Mechanical harvest at night.
Average yield : 70hl/Ha.
Altitude : 60 to 150 m.
Climate: Mediterranean with oceanic influence.
Characteristics of the wine:
Total Acidity: 3 g/l
Each grape variety is vinified separately. De-stemming, short pre-fermentation maceration under controlled temperatures. Fermentation for 10 to 15 days, under controlled temperature with selected yeasts, pneumatic pressing (Bucher press). We use only the free-run juice and the first press, in order to obtain a maximum expression of fruit and aromas while respecting a natural process to obtain a structured and supple wine at the same time. The blending takes place in November, the wine is then aged in cement tanks for 4 months before being bottled.