Reserve GSM By Arrogant Frog
- Colour: Intense ruby red with garnet tints.
- Nose: Complex with blackberries, violet flowers and humidor aromas evolving toward spicy vanilla notes.
- Palate: Well balanced, opulent and soft with smooth tannins. Strong fruity character with a sweet fruit mouthfeel. Rich and full bodied with a toasted finish.
- Food pairing: Best served with grilled red meat, pasta, game and soft cheeses
- Serving temperature: 17°C.
- Appellation : AOP Languedoc
- Grape Variety : Syrah (45%), Grenache (30%), Mourvèdre (25%)
Soil: clay and limestone for the Grenache and Syrah, limestone and gravel for the Mourvèdre
Age of the vines : 13-18 years
Pruning : Cordon de Royat
Planting density : 4400 vines/ha
Harvesting : mechanical, at night
Average yield : 44 hl/ha
Altitude : 80-110 meters
Climate : Mediterranean with oceanic influences
Characteristics of the wine
Alcohol content : 14 %.
Residual sugar : 4,8 g/l
Total acidity: 3.1 g/l
pH : 3,7
After a rigorous selection of the best grapes and destemming, traditional and separate vinification for each variety before blending. Fermentation in stainless steel tanks at 24-28°C max with selected yeasts. The vinification process is adapted to preserve a maximum of fruit and suppleness in the wine. Post-fermentation maceration for the 3 grape varieties with daily pumping over.
Aging: 60% of the wine is aged in stainless steel tanks and 40% in American and French oak barrels for 4 months before bottling.