Bouteilel de Cabrernet Sauvignon Merlot

Arrogant Frog – Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot

(8 customer reviews)

Tasting Notes


  • Colour: Intense ruby.
  • Nose: Elegant and complex with aromas of ripe black fruits, blackcurrant leaf combined with spicy notes such as liquorice and vanilla.
  • Palate: A well-balanced wine with smooth tannins and a long finish.
  • Cellaring: Keep up to 5 years.
  • Food pairing: Best served at 17°C with red meat, cheeses and barbecues.

Grape varieties:

55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 45% Merlot
Appellation : IGP Pays d'OC


Terroir: for Cabernet Sauvignon, clay-limestone with stones. For the Merlot, deep clay-limestone soil.
Vineyard: Cabernet: vines from 15 to 25 years old. Merlot: vines from 16 to 25 years old. Cultivated according to the criteria of sustainable agriculture.
Pruning: simple guyot.
Plantation density: 4400 vines/hectare Mechanical harvesting
Average yield 55hl/ha
Altitude : 50 to 200 m
Climate : Mediterranean with oceanic influence


Characteristics of the wine

Alcohol content: 13,5
Sugar: 2 g/l


Destemming Each grape variety is vinified separately. Pre-fermentation maceration at 10°C for 3 days. Fermentation of 6 days at 24/26°C with daily stirring of the lees followed by a 15 day maceration for the Cabernet and 12 days for the Merlot in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks (24°C maximum). The blending takes place in November before the wine is put into barrels. 25% of the wine is aged in American oak barrels for 6 months. The remaining 75% is aged in stainless steel tanks. After taking the wine out of the barrels, we aged it for 2 months in tanks before bottling.

8 reviews for Arrogant Frog – Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot

  1. Paul

    Very enjoyable red wine. Easy to drink on a lazy sunday afternoon. Goes perfect with some dutch cheeses

  2. Zoltan

    One of the best price / quality wine I tasted in 2021, Only the red wine my wife drinks, 🙂

  3. Michele Grandpre

    Very good wine for the price! I am having a hard time finding this wine again.

  4. Michele Grandpre

    Bought this for a small dinner party not knowing what to expect. It was a great choice! Everyone loved it! I’m having a hard time finding more.

  5. Lyn Hewitt

    It’s the only red wine I drink – love it 🍷

  6. Robin

    A bit spicy with hints of vanilla, black currant and ripe berries. On day 2, some big cherry comes out and it’s just as drinkable as day 1. This is an easy drinking wine, with light tannins. The first words out of my mouth when I opened it were “this is really enjoyable.” Pairing recommendations from the winery: red meat, barbecue, hard cheese. Received as media sample but review is my own.

  7. Dave Nershi –

    I consider this to be a great value for a quality French red. The Cab-Merlot blend gets a light oak treatment and the result is smooth with rich blackberry flavor and spicy notes.

  8. Barbara Schaufele

    Nice and smooth.

Add a review

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest