Arrogant Frog – Syrah Viognier
- Appellation : IGP Pays d’Oc
- Grape Variety : 90% Syrah, 10% Viognier
- Colour: Deep purple colour with ruby tints.
- Nose: At first, sweet spices and violet flowers with fresh blueberry flavours evolving towards strawberry jam notes.
- Palate: Opulent, full bodied but mellow with velvety tannins. Ripe and floral flavours on the middle palate, liquorice and black currant flavours on the long finish.
- Food pairing: Best served at 17° C. Will go well with meat pies, game and grilled red meat, beef stews, medium strong and hard cheeses.
- 28% Grenache Noir, 25% Merlot, 24% Syrah, 8% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Mourvèdre, 7% Cabernet Franc.
- Pays d'Oc - Protected Geographical Indication
The Vineyard :
- Soil type: Clay and limestone
- Age of the vines: 8 to 36 years
- Pruning: Cordon de Royat
- Planting density: 4400 plants/ha.
- Harvest: Mechanical
- Average yield: 60 hl/ha.
- Elevation: 60-150 m
- Climate: Mediterranean
Characteristics of the wine
- Alcohol content: 13,5
- Residual sugar: 2.5 g/l
- Total acidity: 3.2 g/l
- pH: 3.75
Each grape variety is vinified separately. De-stemming, short maceration under controlled temperatures for Grenache and Merlot. Maceration for 6 to 8 days for Carignan and Syrah. Pneumatic pressing (Bucher press). Only the free-run juice and the first press are used, in order to obtain a maximum expression of fruit and aromas while respecting a natural process to obtain a structured and supple wine at the same time. The blending takes place in November, the wine is then aged in cement tanks for 4 months before being bottled.