Arrogant Frog – Pinot Noir 2021
- Appellation : Pays d’Oc – Indication Géographique Protégée
- Grape Varieties : 100% Pinot Noir
- Gold Medal at the 2019 Concours Général Agricole
- Colour : Bright and lovely light garnet-red color
- Nose : Very elegant with a note of red berries, strawberry, cherry, soft spices aromas with a hint of vanilla.
- Palate : Medium-bodied wine, with ripe tannins and acidity which testify his capability to age. It develops very delicate aromas and a long lasting finish.
- Food pairing : To be served at 16°C with grilled meat: lamb, veal or pork, game and soft /medium cheese.
- Soil type: Clay, limestone and gravels – the vineyards are farmed according to sustainable agriculture
- Vineyard age : Over 20 year-old vines
- Pruning : Cordon de Royat, Simple Guyot
- Harvest: mechanical at night in order to avoid premature oxidation
- Average yield: 45 hl/ha
Destemming of the grape, skin contact maceration at 10°C for 3 days in order to extract aromas and colour. Fermentation takes place with selected yeast at 25°C maximum and is followed by skin contact maceration for 5 days and then pressing. Only the first presses are reincorporated into the wine. 50% of the blend is aged in new oak barrel for 7 months. The other 50% are matured stainless steel vats. After taking the wine off the barrels we have aged it for a further 2 months in vats prior to bottling.