Within a couple of years, Arrogant Frog has made itself the mascot of our Estates. The humble winemaker shows that with creativity, know-how and a sense of humour, one can make Southern Franch wines shine around the world and give pure pleasure, at a reasonable price! Arrogant Frog represents our South of France “Art de Vivre”. Château Arrogant Frog is made out of 20 hectares (50 acres) in the Limoux grand cru. The Arrogant Frog cuvées are Château Arrogant Frog, Arrogant Frog reserve, as well as single varietal or blends.



Grape varieties : 55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 45% Merlot
Pays d’Oc – Indication Géographique Protégée

The vine
16 to 31 year-old Cabernet and 14 to 33 year-old Merlot.
Soil type : Clay, Limestone and gravels for the Cabernet Sauvignon. Deep clayed and limestone for the Merlot
Harvest : Mechanical at night in order to avoid premature oxidation
Average yield : 58 hl/ha

The wine
– Alcohol 13,5%
– Sugar 2g/l
– Total Acidity : 3,2 g/l
– pH : 3,7


Destemming of the grape, each grape variety is vinified separately. Skin contact at 10 °C for 3 days prior to 6 days fermentation at 24/26°C with daily pumping over follow by a 9 days maceration for the Cabernet and 8 for the Merlot under temperature control (24°C maximum). The “assemblage” is made in November before putting the wine in barrels. 25% of the blend is aged in new oak barrel for 4 months. The other 75% are matured stainless steel vats. After taking the wine off the barrels we have aged it for a further 2 months in vats prior to bottling.

Tasting Notes
Colour : Deep purple garnet red with ruby and garnet red tints
Nose : blueberry flavours, red pepper, and spicy flavours
Palate : Well balanced and rich with smooth tannins. Long finish on plum notes.
Cellaring : over 5 years.
Food pairing : Best served at 17 ° C with pastas, barbecues, poultry, game, terrines and medium to strong cheeses or chocolate cake as dessert. To enjoy its Arrogant qualities to the fullest, serve with grilled meats, pasta, terrines, games and a cheese or chocolate desert. Alternatively, enjoy on its own, slightly chilled.

Pin It on Pinterest