Arrogant Frog Cabernet Merlot – Red

Arrogant Frog Cabernet Merlot – Red

Within a couple of years, Arrogant Frog has made itself the mascot of our Estates. The humble winemaker shows that with creativity, know-how and a sense of humour, one can make Southern French wines shine around the world and give pure pleasure, at a reasonable price! Arrogant Frog represents our South of France “Art de Vivre”. Château Arrogant Frog is made out of 20 hectares (50 acres) in the Limoux grand cru. The Arrogant Frog cuvées are Château Arrogant Frog, Arrogant Frog reserve, as well as single varietal or blends.

arrogant frog cabernet sauvignon merlot

 

Grape varieties: : 55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 45% Merlot
Pays d’Oc – Indication Géographique Protégée

The vine
15 to 25 year-old Cabernet and 16 to 25 year-old Merlot. The vines are managed with total respect to the ecological environment: Integrated Agriculture.
Soil type : Clay, limestone and gravels for the Cabernet Sauvignon. Deep clay, limestone and sand for the Merlot.
Harvest : Mechanical at night to protect from premature oxidation.
Average yield : 60 hl/ha

The wine
– Alcohol 13,5 %
– Sugar 2.5g/l
– Total Acidity : 3 g/l
– pH : 3,7

 

Vinification
Destemming. Each grape variety is vinified separately. Skin contact at 10°C for 3 days. 6 day-fermentation at 24/26°C with daily pumping-over followed by a 15 day-maceration for the Cabernet and 12 days for the Merlot in temperature-controlled stainsless-steel vats (24°C maximum). Blending takes place in November prior to putting the wine in barrels. 25% of the blend is aged in new American oak barrel for 4 months. The other 75% are matured in stainless-steel vats. After taking the wine off the barrels we have aged it for a further 2 months in vats prior to bottling.

Tasting Notes
Colour : Intense ruby.
Nose : Elegant and complex with aromas of ripe black fruits, blackcurrant leaf combined with spicy notes such as liquorice and vanilla.
Palate : A well-balanced wine with smooth tannins and a long finish.
Cellaring : Keep up to 5 years.
Food pairing : Best served at 17°C with red meat, cheeses and barbecues.

Skills

Posted on

31 May 2017

Pin It on Pinterest